This nourishing lunch is ‘bread’ and flour less free. Its ‘bun’ alone is an alternative to conventional malnourished bread that seems to be still popular for the majority of peoples’ eating habits. It is also gluten free, for those who are coeliac or is sensitive to gluten.
The raw ‘bread’ is made up of flaxseeds and sunflower seeds which are highly nourishing compared to bleached white/ brown bread that have no nutritional properties whatsoever. Flaxseeds are full of healthy omega fats which have natural anti-inflammatory properties which helps skin repair and aids in weight loss, as it lowers blood sugars.
I especially, need to consume flaxseeds (or linseeds) daily, to heal my eczema prone immune system. On a day to day basis, I have noticed the incredible healing affects of my skin.
This superfood is truly amazing!
The sauce is creamy and consists of an avocado, lemon and dill.
The ingredients for this recipe are :
For the Bun:
– 1 Cup of Grounded Flaxseeds
– 1 Cup of Sunflower Seeds
– 3 White Onions
– Tamari Sauce
– Apple Cider Vinegar
For the Sauce:
– 1 Avocado
– 1 Lemon
– A dash of Himalayan Salt
Inside the Burger:
– Dehydrated Tomatoes
-In a NutriBullet or coffee grinder, blend in a cup of flaxseeds then place it into a mixing bowl.
– Chop up 3 White Onions into pieces and blend them in a food processor until they are completely chopped up but not mushy. It is important for them to be chopped up so it can easily be dehydrated. If they are not chopped up into small pieces, they will difficult to dehydrate.
– Place the chopped up onions into a bowl and leave aside.
– In the food processor continue to add a cup of sunflower seeds, and grounded flaxseeds
– Pulse these contents until the sunflower seeds are broken down into crunchy pieces, do not blend until they become a nut butter, as we want the ‘crunchy’ texture of these seeds
– Place the crushed up sunflower seeds and grounded flaxseeds into the bowl with chopped onions and pour 2 tablespoons of Tamarai Sauce and 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
– Stir the contents until it has a thick consistency
– Shape the contents with a knife and place it into the dehydrator
– 15 hours
-30 hours, including both sides
For the Sauce:
– In a blender place one avocado, add a few dill leaves, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and a dash of pink himalayan salt. Blend until the sauce is a smooth consistency
Place the sauce into the insides of the burger and add some dehydrated tomatoes and lettuce
Enjoy the epic healthy burger!