It is the time of the year to celebrate our love of Chocolate coated eggs, Bunnies and cute lil Chicks! I cannot wait to celebrate and prepare for the festive Easter holidays!
The best part is actually preparing it the truthfully healthy way! By of course not including any conventional harsh ingredients. Such as white sugar, artificial colours and any emulsifiers or stabilisers. These by far would drastically affect our health in the long term and as a result would irritate our gut and digestive system. I totally don’t want anyone to fall ill!
We of course want to stay away from all that and do it the fun and healthier way! By including natural whole foods that mother nature provided us!
Chocolate can be eaten a healthier and joyful way without feeling the guilt by using the correct wholesome ingredients that will nourish the inside and out. By including the real bitter chocolate- Cacao!
Organic Cacao powder which is Chocolate- is by far a delicious and nourishing ingredient that will leave a salivating, mouthwatering Easter delight.
For an extra ‘omph’ I have included organic lacuma into the mixture, which adds that extra caramel sensation that we all seem to guiltily resist. This adds an extra salivating lift which combines well with the pinch of himalayan salt. These ingredient combinations results as a delicious salted caramel flavoured easter egg!!
The ingredients for Salted Caramel Easter Eggs are:
25g Cacao Butter
10g Coconut Oil
2 Tablespoons of Raw Cacao
2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup
A pinch of Himalayan Salt
1/2 a teaspoon of Vanilla Pod Powder
1 tablespoon of Lacuma
-In a pan melt 25g of Cacao Butter until it simmers and melts into oil.
-Place the oil into a bowl with 10g of coconut oil (make sure it is in its liquid form too)
– Add 2 generous tablespoons of raw cacao and then a tablespoon of Lacuma
– Add 2 tablespoons of Maple Syrup and
– A pinch of Salt.
– Add 1/2 a teaspoon of Vanilla Pod Powder (yes this is black)
– then mix the combination in the bowl vigorously until the chocolate sauce has a smooth and creamy consistency.
– Place the Salted Caramel Easter Egg Sauce into an Easter Egg mould of your choice
– Place it into a freezer and let it set for 30 minutes and viola healthy Easter Eggs are created